Saturday, July 14, 2012

Batman Bunk

I sketched this one today after seeing KATE OR DIE's awesome Kitty Heroes print and having a crazy discussion with Mark about what super heroes Bunk and Lola would be.


I'm the goddamn Batman!

I'm pretty happy with how the sketch turned out but I still have a bit of tweaking I need to do before I ink it. I was having some real problems with the head for some reason so I originally tried drawing vague shapes and filling them in. You know, like real artists do.

Yeah, no I didn't draw that.


But that totally didn't work so I ended up sketching from the belly up to the shoulders because I knew how I wanted that proportion then the arms. The head was really hard for some reason until I just stopped trying to draw Bunk's head and put a Batman mask on it and decided to just draw a fat Batman head and then added Bunk's chin.

Now that I have this sketch done I will be marinating on it. I like to draw then put it away for a while so I can look at it later with fresh eyes. I find it's easier for me to tweak things that way. Then I can ink and colour. I can't decide if I want to do a classic black Batman t-shirt and some kind of weird purple/black colour for the cape or go with the black cape and some bright fun colour for the t-shirt. Hmmmm......

2 comments:

  1. check out www.kateordiecomics.com and you can buy Ultimate Kate or Die! at Strange Adventures for just 5 bucks. and it has a pretty shiny cover too. Mike's books can also be found at Strange Adventures and they are all awesomeness esp his new one Sarah referred to "Mikenesses" and of course you can read Mike's comic in The Coast "True Story" in print and online. Mike also drew Adventure Time #5 for Boom! studios and is going to be the artist on the upcoming Boom! comic Bravest Warriors written by another Haligonian Joey Comeau is writing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'M BUNKMAN!!!" (delivered in prerequisite gravelly voice)

    ReplyDelete